Okay, so I get it. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely – but come on now. Really? I mean really?
Yoh! WTF? What are immigrants who come to this country in search of a better life supposed to think? Same old, same old? The countries they left were probably filled with corruption and here in the Great White North, the stench seems to be just as high.
So from today I have decided that every blog I will be sharing some new words that can be used during your conversations for that day. Today’s words are:
Nepotism – Those with power or influence favouring relatives or friends
Cronyism – Appointing friends and associates to positions of authority without proper regard to their qualifications.
Have fun using these words today; also here’s a good vlog about nepotism:
- RCMP allege Mike Duffy gave contract to friend for little work (thestar.com)
- RCMP documents detail brand new allegations against Sen. Mike Duffy (globalnews.ca)
- RCMP documents detail brand new allegations against Sen. Mike Duffy | NewsCanada-PlusNewsCanada-Plus (newscanadanetwork.wordpress.com)
- RCMP file new documents in pursuit of Mike Duffy (vancouversun.com)
- Duffy billed Senate $65,000 to pay friend for ‘no tangible work:’ RCMP (calgaryherald.com)
- Mike Duffy paid friend $65,000 in Senate funds for ‘no tangible work,’ RCMP allege (canada.com)
- Mike Duffy paid friend $65,000 in Senate funds for ‘no tangible work,’ RCMP allege (vancouversun.com)
- Mike Duffy used his office for ‘dishonest purpose’: RCMP allege (blogs.ottawacitizen.com)
- Mike Duffy billed Senate $65,000 to pay friend for ‘no tangible work’, RCMP alleges (news.nationalpost.com)