Yoh! WTF? This is really too much – I mean why would a black person feel that they would have to spend thousands of dollars to change how they look? Is it because they are poor and feel changing their colour would make them look rich? Is it because nobody loves them? Is it because of low self esteem born of years of being downtrodden?
We will never know … because Michael Jackson has already passed away and we cannot ask him.
I guess what I’m saying is that this is not just a uniquely East Indian phenomenon – it is a world wide bias that we must all try and change.
- “Your Vagina Isn’t Just too Big, Too Floppy, and Too Hairy – It’s Also Too Brown” (iloveseble.wordpress.com)
- More than my low self-esteem? (asecretmess.wordpress.com)
- How to Improve Other People’s Self Esteem (pritydebra.wordpress.com)
- Touch may alleviate existential fears for people with low self-esteem (medicalxpress.com)
- For people with low self-esteem, touch may alleviate existential fears (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Are you high self esteem or low self esteem ? (comm350.wordpress.com)